Thursday, April 9, 2020

COVID-19 Card-a-Day Series Wrap-up


I shall wrap up this series with a list involving a few numbered points:

1. While on a walk in Kitchener today, I was delighted to discover that we have blooming trees in our region already this spring. The purple azalea-type tree pictured above was found in Victoria Park. I took the following pics while I was on the Iron Horse Trail near the Park. The Trail is perfect for hiking and biking, with its wide, paved pathways. 




2. Below is the answer to yesterday's mystery photo. I hope you never get it.


3. It goes without saying (such an interesting expression, since people using it always go ahead and say it anyway) that this year Easter will be different than normal. While we won't get to keep many of our annual Easter traditions, we can rejoice that the true meaning of Easter will never change. We won't be restricted in worshiping our Resurrected Savior this year; in fact, we can go ahead and celebrate with more abandon. 
With that in mind, it seems very trivial and irreverent to wish you a Bear-y Happy Easter. It was good to do some special baking today, though, and made life seem a little more normal. 



4. I will end with a question for discussion: Is embarrassment a choice? As in, when you do something stupid or inept or irresponsible in front of other people, can you choose whether you get embarrassed about it, or does embarrassment just simply arrive, and you have to figure out how to cope, or what to do with it? 
In this household of three people, one person thinks you can choose whether or not to let it embarrass you and two people think it is not a choice. What do you think? 










2 comments:

  1. Is embarrassment kind of like an emotion? I'm thinking maybe the initial response of embarrassment might not be a choice, but what you do next, is. I think embarrassment often stems from pride, so if I do something silly, I can either be embarrassed or I can choose to be humble and not let it bother me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your excellent comment, Marlese! "Choose to be humble" - a key phrase, I think.

      Delete