Friday, December 4, 2020

Mentioned in the Podcast


I am sharing a poem titled "Autographed" in this post, as promised in the previous blog post. I wrote the poem years ago, and referenced it in the conversation I had with Rolin when I was a guest on his podcast recently. He suggested I make it available again to readers by putting it up on my blog, so here it is:

Autographed 

God’s signature is everywhere –

His mark to show that He’s been there.

Our God, to rightful honor claim,

Creates a thing, then signs His name.

 

Observe a fragile-petaled rose;

With care, God’s name it does disclose.

His name is seen in every line

Of spiders’ webbing, penciled fine.

 

At sunset’s hour, God strokes His name,

With paint as orange as fire’s flame.

On wintry mornings, God has dipped

His quill in white, for frosty script.

 

You see His name in heaven afar;

It’s jotted there with twinkling stars.

On mountains rising to the sky

Is penned the name of the Most High.

 

God also longs to do His part

To write His name upon the heart

Of every man who walks this sod –

Have you been autographed by God?

 

                                       ~ Danette Martin 




8 comments:

  1. I remember this poem by you. I think I found it in a SS paper. I am again impressed with the clarity, beauty and meaning in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for replying, Evie! It is so interesting that you remember this poem from long ago. I love the words you used to describe how the poem impressed you.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this poem and the calligraphy enhances the words. I took a course once on calligraphy but I didn't seem to be gifted in this way. However the coarse does allow me to appreciate it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you do notice calligraphy more now, having taken the course. Gaining more knowledge or experience of a certain thing seems to heighten our awareness of it.
      I'd love if you could identify yourself to me, if you care to, since your name comes up on my blog as Unknown.

      Delete
  3. So well done! Thanks for reviving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ? (I would use your name in my reply, if you'd let me know who Unknown is ;))

      Delete