Saturday, March 21, 2020

Card #1 of a COVID-19 Card-a-Day Series


Verse for the Day

Hebrews 13:5 KJV "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." 

Song for the Day

    Hail, Holy Light

Hail, holy light! The world rejoices
As morning breaks and shadows fly;
All nature blends her myriad voices
To greet the dayspring from on high,

Break forth, in glory far excelling,
O light eternal, love divine!
Let Thy bright beams, all shades dispelling,
Around us and within us shine,

The heav’nly hosts fall down before Thee,
And Holy! cry, nor ever rest;
The saints on earth, with them, adore Thee,
Creator, Savior, Spirit blest,

Accept, O Father, we entreat Thee,
The worship which Thy children bring;
O, grant us grace in Heav’n to greet Thee,
And with all saints Thy love to sing.
~ Edwin P. Parker

Song suggestion: Go to a brilliant, sunlit spot to sing this song and focus on worshiping the 
Light of your life.


COVID-19 Prayer Focus 

The Children

Here are a few specific ones to pray for. You will probably think of more.
- Those whose physical health is compromised
- Those who are anxious
- Those who are orphaned, or grieving loss of a family member
- Those who are paranoid about germs
- Those who have a hard time with change and were plunged into home schooling or other sudden disruptions  

God is to be adored for: His tenderness 

Pic from Then

 I don't remember exactly what they were playing here, but it looks like 
they could have been preparing for COVID-19!

Pic from Now

 I'm discovering that tulips can look like very different flowers, depending on the stage 
they're in. My white ones have gone from goblets of vibrancy to delicate shooting stars. 
(or are they graceful dancers in swishing skirts?) 

Activity Idea

Whenever you see the color yellow today, thank God for something that brightens your world.

What is it?



8 comments:

  1. What a good idea! Bless you for the effort you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danae! Always great to hear from readers. :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to this card series!!
    And my guess for the ‘What is it’ pic is the center area of clock hands...
    ~ Faye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sis. Check back tomorrow to see if your guess is correct. ;)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this, Danette! I love the song. I drank my coffee out of my daughter Sharilyn’s mug that has a yellow S on it. My daughters brighten my day, and I thank God for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your experience with trying out the activity idea - I love that!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Dani, for this encouragement! My bright yellow cutting board that my daughter used to cut up the tomatoes for lunch reminds me of the abundant blessings that God has given: delicious food, a friend who bought the tomatoes for me, a family who worked together to help prepare and clean up lunch.
    Focusing on God’s tenderness gives me clarity on how to relate to some of my children’s fears and struggles.
    Thanks again!
    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so good to hear from you, Sharon! Thanks for sharing your gratitude story. I can just picture your family working together in your kitchen and it makes me warm with happiness.

      Delete