Sunday, March 22, 2020

Card #2 of a COVID-19 Card-a-Day Series


Verse for the Day

Lamentations 3:22 & 23 NIV “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.”

Song for the Day

Blessed Assurance

1.      Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
Chorus:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
2.      Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
3.      Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
Song Suggestion: The words are here, but it is such a familiar song, I wouldn’t have needed to include them. See if you can sing the whole thing by memory, and let the words sink in with their meaning. How can you resist giving it all you’ve got in the chorus?

COVID-19 Prayer Focus

The Elderly

I will suggest some ways to pray for the people at the other end of the age spectrum from yesterday’s prayer focus. Again, you will be able to think of many more prayer needs for seniors.
-          Those with a weakened immune system
-          Those whose home/facility is in complete lockdown, with family and friends not allowed to visit
-          Those who are depressed
-          Those with a terrible fear of dying
-          Those who don’t know Christ as their Savior 
 Those with great financial needs

God is to be adored for: His faithfulness

Pic from Then



Little girls love to sample their mom’s daily life in more ways than one. Seems like bonding in relationship often begins and continues developing in one's kitchen.

Pic from Now


Yesterday it was sunny and cold in our region, which was perfect for a long hike by the Grand River. I loved joining Ken on his daily walk. We met so many other people out for a hike or bike ride on the same trails, too. I wonder if COVID-19 will help people to develop some beneficial habits they’ll want to continue after life returns to more normalcy.

Activity Idea

Take a picture of something inspirational in your house and send the photo to a friend.

What is it?

Today’s mystery photo:



Answer to yesterday’s photo: Center of the hands on a clock




4 comments:

  1. Thank-you for these cards! They are a bright spot in my day I am looking forward to them. The mystery photo looks like a smiley face. I am also enjoying the walks I am able to take most every day. Mary H in AZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for replying. It was great to hear from you! I can't seem to place Mary H from AZ, though - should I know you? :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Danette, You probably don't know me. I am Mary Sue Hershberger and I forget how I found your blog, but I enjoy finding good blogs to read and have been following for awhile. Due to smaller church communities in AZ, it's always interesting to broaden my horizons. When I went to MBS in 2002 3rd term your parents Dan & Ruthie Schrock were there as well. I have good memories of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for identifying yourself, Mary. I don't think we've ever met. Maybe someday. :) It's neat that you know my parents!

      Delete