Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Card #5 of a COVID-19 Card-a-Day Series


Verse for the Day

II Chronicles 7:14 NKJV “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

Song for the Day

Lord Jesus, You Shall Be My Song

Lord Jesus, you shall be my song as I journey;
I’ll tell everybody about you wherever I go.
You alone are our life and our peace and our love,
Lord Jesus you shall be my song as I journey.

Lord Jesus, I’ll praise you as long as I journey.
May all of my life be a faithful reflection of you.
May the earth and the sea and the sky join my song;
Lord Jesus, I’ll praise you as long as I journey.

As long as I live, Jesus, make me your servant -
To carry your cross and to share all your burdens and tears;
For you saved me by giving your body and blood.
As long as I live, Jesus, make me your servant.

I fear in the dark and the doubt of my journey,
But courage will come with the sound of your steps by my side,
And with all of the family you saved by your love
We’ll sing to the dawn at the end of our journey.

~ Stephen Somerville

Song Suggestion: Besides singing the song yourself, you could listen to it online. I'll suggest two links. You should be able to find a variety of others, too. Click here to listen to a choir singing it and here for a men's quartet recording. (Both are a cappella music.) 

COVID-19 Prayer Focus

The Sick and Dying

Please join me in prayer today, asking God for healing and comfort for:
Those who have just tested positive for COVID-19
Individuals who are ill, and waiting to hear the results of their testing
            People who are recovering from the virus and are in isolation
            Those who are near death (especially for salvation for those who are not ready to die)
            Those who are fighting other illnesses and aren’t allowed any visitors        

God is to be adored for:
 His power to heal

Pic from Then


I think that might just be enough peanut butter now, Big Bro! Eating, especially when you prepare your own food, can be very messy business. But oh, it is so much fun! (Looks like Li’l Bro agrees as he watches from the sidelines.)
Side note: Seeing the pb container there on the table reminds me of my experience with French after I moved to Ontario. I learned the language (heh, heh) by reading the English words on one side of cereal boxes and food cartons, etc. and comparing them to the French on the other side. I have no idea how to pronounce the words, but by now my French vocabulary, albeit very limited, allows me to understand basic food and food-related words when I read them. For instance, I know that on the yellow tub in the photo, the wording Croquant Beurre d’Arachide means that there is Crunchy Butter of Peanuts inside. See?

Pic from Now



A few weeks ago, I tried replicating a delightful dish we had in Thailand last fall – sticky rice and mango. The rice turned out quite well, and the coconut milk sauce was quite similar to what we tasted in Chiang Mai, but the mangoes were a little under par. I find that it’s kind of hard to know whether the mangoes I select from the grocery store will be “good” ones or not. These were too firm to have that juicy and sweet authentically mango flavor. Which may have improved with allowing more time for them to ripen after I got them home… Oh, well – maybe next time!  
  
Activity Idea

Touch something that is alive and growing.

What is it?

Today’s mystery photo:



Answer to yesterday’s photo: Fibers on a bath towel.


3 comments:

  1. "But courage will come with the sound of your steps by my side" I've loved this song for years, but this line just jumped out at me today... how precious to cling to God's presence and derive our courage from Him! Thanks for posting this song, Danette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome, Brianna! I love it when others have special connections to the songs that I post here, too. <3

      Delete
  2. Appreciate you sharing great article post. Really thank you! Great. same day pcr covid test houston

    ReplyDelete