Friday, March 27, 2020

Card #7 of a COVID-19 Card-a-day Series


Verse for the Day


Philippians 4:6 & 7 ESV “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Song for the Day

Peace, Perfect Peace

1.      Peace, perfect peace, in this dark world of sin?
The blood of Jesus whispers peace within.
2.      Peace, perfect peace, by thronging duties pressed?
To do the will of Jesus, this is rest.
3.      Peace, perfect peace, with sorrows surging round?
On Jesus’ bosom naught but calm is found.
4.      Peace, perfect peace, ’mid suffering’s sharpest throes?
The sympathy of Jesus breathes repose.
5.      Peace, perfect peace, with loved ones far away?
In Jesus’ keeping we are safe, and they.
6.      Peace, perfect peace, our future all unknown?
Jesus we know, and He is on the throne.
7.      Peace, perfect peace, death shad’wing us and ours?
Jesus has vanquished death and all its pow’rs.
8.      It is enough: earth’s struggles soon shall cease,
And Jesus calls us to Heav’n’s perfect peace.
~ Edward H. Bickersteth, Jr.

Song Suggestion: If you’re like I am, you can think of a past experience, a present worry or a future scenario that fits for nearly every line of this song. Perhaps you could sing the verses thoughtfully, inviting Jesus to breathe His peace into each one of those situations the song brings to mind.

COVID-19 Prayer Focus

Those who are Worried and Fearful

Today let’s gather up our own worries regarding the pandemic as well as the fears of others, and cast all those cares on Jesus, because He cares for us. For a start, here is a list of fears that I’ve heard about from others recently, or that I’ve recognized in my own mind:
That I or someone I know will contract the virus
That this scratchy throat or this achiness I’m feeling are beginning symptoms of C19
That since I’m laid off from my job and have no way to earn money, I don’t know how we’ll get food or pay our rent. Perhaps we will never get the virus, but we will die from starvation.
That I won’t find anyone to take me to my doctor’s appointment at the hospital next week. No one wants me riding with them in their car, and the downtown buses aren’t running as frequently or on schedule these days.
That access to my landline phone will be cut off because the company is switching to online payments entirely and I don’t have a computer or smartphone so I have to pay my phone bill in person but the office isn’t open for that right now and there’s no way I can pay so I might lose my phone service but my phone is the only way I can connect to people during this COVID-19 isolation time...   

   God is to be adored for: His Peace  
Pic from Then


Tea times were such a highlight in my girls' growing up years! Other friends or relatives joining in on the party made it all the better.
Side note: The sweet gal on the left there? We really should be throwing a party for her today, to celebrate her joining our family twenty-one years ago. It’s kind of hard to (legally) gather people for anything these days, though, so even if she weren’t quarantining, I suppose we’d have to settle for a small, laid-back doin’s anyway. But celebrate her, we will. If you’re interested in reading Kerra’s thoughts on unmet expectations, dreams and wishes, check out her meaningful blog post here.

Pic from Now


This sign on my kitchen counter has been a source of inspiration and encouragement for me in many a difficult time. During this COVID season is no exception.
     
Activity Idea

See if you can make 20 bites out of a 1-inch square of chocolate.

What is it?
Today’s mystery photo:


Answer to yesterday’s photo: Life on a cereal box.



3 comments:

  1. Could it be a pin cushion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good guess, Margaret, but not on point. ;) Check out the next card for the right answer.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete