Saturday, March 28, 2020

Card #8 in a COVID-19 Card-a-Day Series


Verse for the Day


I Peter 5:10 KJV “But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered awhile, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.”

Song for the Day

Breathe on me, Breath of God

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
Fill me with life anew,
That I may love what Thou dost love,
And do what Thou wouldst do.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
Until my heart is pure,
Until with Thee I will one will,
To do and to endure.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
Till I am wholly Thine,
Until this earthly part of me
Glows with Thy fire divine.

Breathe on me, Breath of God,
So shall I never die,
But live with Thee the perfect life
Of Thine eternity.

~ Edwin Hatch

Song Suggestion: Sing this song prayerfully, and if you’re not too cautious about moving your body while you sing, find some sort of motion to express breathing.

COVID-19 Prayer Focus

Those in government and leadership who are making important decisions

Some ideas for people to pray for in today’s category:
World Health Organization
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, President Donald Trump, and other world leaders
Those leading in making decisions for your church family
Those on health and education boards
Officials in the county or region where you live                   

God is to be adored for:
 His Wisdom

Pic from Then


This pic was taken around the same time of year which we are currently in. Some things haven’t changed – the brown lawn waiting for its green signal, the fruit farmer out checking his trees (or pruning?) in the orchard, the youngsters eager to play outdoors at the earliest hint of spring warmth, the seemingly endless wind on some days. 
Both boys had a hand on the string; can you tell which lad had an eye on the kite? I love this pic of my little kite-fliers!

Pic from Now


Our neighbors have a large maple syrup operation which is in full swing this time of year. When I get a whiff of the boiling sap, its cloying scent takes me right back to my childhood days when our family tapped a couple hundred maple trees right in our own yard and surrounding woods. We hung buckets on the hooks of the taps (or spiles) poked into the trees, and the buckets needed to be emptied by hand in the sap collection. Now many of the maple syrup producers use pipelines for gathering the sap. I don’t think it looks as pretty or as authentic, somehow, but it is waaay more efficient!  
     
Activity Idea

Figure out a way to get some thanks to a worker who is in an essential service. Note shoved in under a door, muffin in a mailbox, maybe?

What is it?
Today’s mystery photo:

Answer to yesterday’s photo: Leaves of a succulent plant.




4 comments:

  1. My guess for your picture is..white drizzle on chocolate icing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the correct answer, but it's a good guess - and it sure makes me hungry! ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm guessing the handle of a teacup. I'm still so enjoying this series, Danette! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying it! Seems like this guessing business is your cup of tea, too. ;)

      Delete