Sunday, March 29, 2020

Card #9 in a COVID-19 Card-a-Day Series


Verse for the Day


Psalm 36:9 & 10 KJV “For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. O, continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.”

Song for the Day

Be Thou My Vision

Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art;
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my Buckler*, my Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tow’r:
Raise Thou me heav’nward, O Pow’r of my pow’r.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heav’n’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

*battle shield

~ Eleanor Hull

Song Suggestion: Sketch out the various objects or ideas that come to your mind as you encounter words like “Vision”, “Sword”, and Treasure” in the song.

COVID-19 Prayer Focus

Those impacted by COVID in some way – which means all of us!

Perhaps today we could simply take some time to reflect on the ways that COVID-19 is affecting us personally, and to bring those situations to our Father in heaven. May He keep us teachable and trusting in this crucial time. A pattern for our prayer today:

                       

God is to be adored for:
 His Trustworthiness  

Pic from Then



Playing with homemade playdough was on my Top Ten list for favorite children’s activities when my crew was young. It’s so versatile and creativity-inducing! Of course, there are some things to consider when you combine youngsters and sticky-when-fresh/crusty-when-leftout substances. The age of the children, the place where they play, and how many dishes/utensils and surfaces you feel like washing up after the playtime are a few that come to mind. I’d say the hours my girls spent designing and baking playdough goods in my kitchen were times well-worth any sacrifices made on my part.

Pic from Now


Yesterday Ken and I explored another trail that we’ve never hiked on before. Geo Time Trail is part of the Westside Trails network on the western edge of Waterloo. We loved tromping on paths winding over the leaf-covered forest floor as well as skirting the edges of fields and residential areas in the city. I snapped a pic of some lovely pussy willows, and later when I looked at the photo more closely, I saw that the pussy willows are hanging almost upside down. I think it looks like three people are traipsing down along that branch, invisible except for their feet in soft, fuzzy slippers.
     
 Activity Idea

Today, say or send 10 (or more) kind words to someone who is younger than you and 20 (or less) to someone who is older than you. Consider doing this for people you don’t know very well.

What is it?

Today’s mystery photo:


Answer to yesterday’s photo: Handle of a teacup.



2 comments:

  1. While I was reading through the lyrics of the song, I had the desire to paint some of the pictures before I even read your suggestion :) Maybe I'll do this today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, lovely. May I see them when you're done, please?

      Delete