Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Card #12 of a COVID-19 Card-a-Day Series



Verse for the Day

John 14:26,27 NKJV “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Song for the Day

When I Survey the Wondrous Cross

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss,
And pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most,
I sacrifice them to His blood.

See from His head, His hands, His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.

~ Isaac Watts

Song Suggestion: I associate this song with Communion. Perhaps you do, too. As you sing it, picture Jesus offering Himself to you in Communion. Don’t be surprised at sudden tears; let them come.

COVID-19 Prayer Focus

Those Grieving

Prayer requests for people the world over who are mourning the loss of:

            Family members/loved ones who have succumbed to the virus
            Rest in body, soul and spirit
            Normalcy in so many areas
            A job and income
            Security and privacy  

God is to be adored for:
 His Comfort

Pic from Then


I’m quite sure the inspiration for this kitchen activity involving Rolin and Ricky was an anniversary happening the following day. Ken & I were about to celebrate 8 years of marriage. One of our yearly traditions has been to replicate our wedding meal sometime around our anniversary and share it with our family. Looks like I got the boys interested in helping me with decorating the cake for the meal in 1996. The baby in the infant seat on the table is Kayleen, only a few weeks old at the time.

Pic from Now


If one can hardly bring oneself to eat food with a face in it, does it mean one has too much imagination to be healthy?
     
 Activity Idea

Use these sentence starters to get a fun and funny game going with some people you love:

            If I could take three things with me to the moon…
            George Washington shook the rain off his hat and said, “Good…
            The businessman’s keys fell through the storm sewer grate and…
            With a flick of its tail, the tiny bird…
            The first thing we’ll do when the pandemic…

What is it?

Today’s mystery photo:


Answer to yesterday’s photo: Soccer ball.



8 comments:

  1. Looks like an egg carton to me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that guess . . .
    And I LOVE that verse, Danette! Those chapters of John are some of my favourites, and that verse is perhaps the nicest of them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eggcellent second guessing there. ;)
      And I'm always happy to hear that the verse or song has a special connection for someone.

      Delete
  3. I am so encouraged by your daily posts! Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! Thanks for replying. (Should I know who you are?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Alma and I'm married to Robert. I've been following your blog for some time now and I find it interesting and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so I do know you, Alma. :) Nice to meet up with you here on the blog. Thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete