Saturday, April 4, 2020

Card #15 of a COVID-19 Card-a-Day Series



Verse for the Day

Deuteronomy 33:27 NKJV “The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’.”

Song for the Day

O Jesus, Grant Me Hope and Comfort


O Jesus, grant me hope and comfort;
O let me ne’er in sorrow pine.
My heart, my soul, yea, all my being,
O Jesus trust alone in Thee.
Thou Prince of Peace,
Thou Pearl from heaven,
True God, true Man,
My Morning Star.
O come, Thou precious Sun most radiant,
Thy beams illumine my heart, my soul.

O Jesus, with Thy advent quiet
My restless soul and anxious mind.
In true humility I welcome Thee,
Jesus Christ, my Joy divine.
My thoughts, desires,
And all my longing,
I dedicate, O Christ, to Thee.
O come, Thou precious Sun most radiant,
Thy beams illumine my heart, my soul.

~ Johann Wolfgang Franck

Song Suggestion: Sing this song in sunlight with open arms (literally and figuratively) as an expression of receiving the Sun most radiant as well as offering up all of your thoughts, desires, and longing to Him.

COVID-19 Prayer Focus

The Proprietors of Essential Business

In our area, the list of essential businesses or services is dwindling as the COVID crisis intensifies. We do well to remember in prayer everyone who has been laid off (some very recently), but we can also pray for the people whose shops and stores are still open for business. They are likely:
            Swamped with extra work
            Continuing to work, while knowing they could be shut down at any time
            Needing to make decisions about measures to take in regarding the health/safety of personnel and customers
            Irritable from the tension that arises with drastic changes in normal business operation     

God is to be adored for:
 His watchful eye over us  

Pic from Then


I remember the joy I felt as a little girl when my mom said my sister and I could wash our doll clothes and hang them up to dry. Later, when I had my own daughters, I saw their enjoyment of doing the same thing. Perhaps someday they will have little girls for whom they will allow the same privilege and delight. Could this be called a “laundry cycle”?

Pic from Now


Have you had your first hotdog of the season yet? Mine wasn’t roasted outdoors over an open fire, so it wasn’t quite authentic enough to count, but I tried to make up for it by putting the mustard and ketchup on a little fancy. I’m sure that helped the taste.
     
 Activity Idea

Draw a picture of something that makes you happy. Show the drawing to someone and ask them to guess what it is. If you don’t like drawing, you could consider acting it out. 😊

What is it?
Today’s mystery photo:


Answer to yesterday’s photo: The spring in the pump of a handwash bottle.



No comments:

Post a Comment