Sunday, April 5, 2020

Card #16 of a COVID-19 Card-a-Day Series


Verse for the Day


Psalm 16:8 ESV “I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
Song for the Day

Under His Wings

Under His wings I am safely abiding.
Tho' the night deepens and tempests are wild,
Still I can trust Him; I know He will keep me.
He has redeemed me, and I am His child.

Refrain:
Under His wings, under His wings,
Who from His love can sever?
Under His wings my soul shall abide,
Safely abide forever.

Under His wings, what a refuge in sorrow!
How the heart yearningly turns to His rest!
Often when earth has no balm for my healing,
There I find comfort, and there I am blest.

Under His wings, oh, what precious enjoyment!
There will I hide till life’s trials are o’er;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me.
Resting in Jesus, I’m safe evermore. 

~ William Cushing

Song Suggestion: Put yourself into restful surroundings as much as possible – if not outwardly, push away the clutter inwardly. Sing this song softly, in your new peaceful environment.

COVID-19 Prayer Focus 
Teens

Pray for the young people living through this Age of the Pandemic. Here are some ideas as to what they may be facing:
            Anxiety about the future
            Being laid off from their job, and wondering where to get income
            Navigating relationship tensions in their own household
            Questioning God’s goodness
            Wondering how they can reach out to the lost around them

      God is to be adored for: His Understanding  

Pic from Then 


Again, the details in this pic bring back memories of our homelife a number of years ago…our floral couch, the bright afghan crocheted by Mom-Eva, how we never seemed to have our pair of mallards in a row, my prolific croton houseplant, our choice of reading material, my man bonding with his eldest over story time…  

Pic from Now



It seems like I can never take just one photo when I’m on a walk in the woods this time of year. It also seems to be a surprise every spring how the wild leeks in our “bush” are rambunctious enough to pop right up through last year’s leaves in their hurry to grow taller.
     
 Activity Idea

Get rid of all the holey socks and mittens you’ve been keeping for who knows how long and for what reason.
What is it?
Today’s mystery photo:


Answer to yesterday’s photo: Pattern on a pineapple.



2 comments:

  1. I think I recognize today's pic although it's mostly just in "park" these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you are driving at the right answer here, Colleen, even though you're parked! 😊

      Delete