Monday, December 13, 2021

Resorting to Love

Ken and I are on an anniversary outing, although it is weeks after our anniversary proper. I can't think of a sweeter way to slow down this season. 

He booked a honeymoon cottage at a resort "up in the Muskokas" for three nights. The cabin is showing signs of age, but it is spacious and comfy. (perhaps not unlike our marriage?) Because of still-present pandemical restrictions being adhered to at this resort, no maids come to make up our rooms and no one bugs us for anything. We have the place. to. ourselves.  Perfect!

The afternoon we arrived, it was extremely windy. By evening, the stiff gales had knocked out the power in a neighboring town, which we discovered when we drove there to find a restaurant and here the whole town was black. Except for one Italian restaurant with twinkling, welcoming lights. The food at Che Figata was top-notch, and the waiter was friendly and attentive in just the right measure. Our charcuterie board for two had some unique and delicious garnishes such as powdered olive oil and fried (or was it roasted?) olive oil!

We've been doing a lot of walking. Yesterday we walked nine holes of golf. Ken described the imaginative drive and chip and putt of the ball at each hole. Of course, he ended with a score that made it the best round of golf ever for him. Because I got a kiss from him at each of the greens, it was my best golf round ever, too.


We've taken a number of selfies. I kept telling Ken that I don't like how I look in that hood - it makes me look like I have multiple chins. Instead of asking how many, (so gracious of him) he said that I should look that way because I'm a grandma. Well, I like being a grandma, but I don't like having lots of chins. So for some of the selfies, I put my hood down, but my neck still looks thick. I guess I should get some training on how to take selfies. 

We play lots of Boggle. Our games are very competitive. Ken has won the most games, but he is only 1 ahead. Not to brag or anything, but this means I am playing well.  

The skies and sunsets here are to brag about. This means that our Creator is doing all things well, and there are really no words. His love comes to us in countless ways. It is just so special to be able to take off a few days off to slow down and notice some of them.

2 comments:

  1. That all looks just lovely! I love to see couples who are enjoying each other in the "grandma" stage 😍🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethany. I'm sure you and your husband will still enjoy each other a lot when you enter the grandparenting stage, too. (but I have a really hard time picturing you with a grandma-chin!!)

      Delete