Thursday, April 13, 2023

I've Been Wondering

I have five (unrelated) questions that you may or may not be interested in answering:

1. How many holes are in a drinking straw - one, or two?

2. Should applesauce be served during the main course of a meal, or as a dessert, or doesn't it matter which one?

3. How do you properly end off a short, hi-it's-so-good-to-see-you-again and what-do-we-talk-about-next conversation you're having with a casual acquaintance you haven't seen for years and you've met up with again at a public event?

4. If you were planning to attend a workshop on parenting, what are some specific topics that you'd hope the speaker would address? 

5. Is it difficult to identify yourself when commenting on my blog? I love interacting with readers through receiving and responding to their comments on my posts. Most of the comments that I get appear on Facebook, where I have no trouble identifying who is commenting because their name and profile picture accompanies their words. When people comment directly on the blog (which I also love, by the way), I have a harder time knowing who I'm corresponding with because not everyone's name automatically comes up. When someone writes a lovely response and talks to me as if I should know who they are, I get very curious. (And somewhat frustrated when I can't discover who the Anonymous is this time.) If there is anything I can do on my end that would make it easier for commenters to identify themselves, would a dear reader please let me know. In the meantime, when you comment on the blog itself, if you think your name is going to show up as Anonymous, please put ~ Your Name at the end of your message, so I know who I'm replying to. (Feel free to try it out on this very blog post) Thanks so much!

13 comments:

  1. These are fun questions! Imo a straw has 2 holes. How else would you be able to siphon up a smoothie?! And definitely applesauce is a dessert. As for awkward meetings, a simple "its been good to chat, hopefully we'll meet again sometime" should work. Last question that I will answer, the comment section defaults to annymous. To change that you have to allow it to enter your Google account name or enter your name. Which I did to try it out! I'm Jo Freeman in case you can't see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can see that it is you, Jo, and I think it's great that you replied here! Thanks for taking the time. <3

      Delete
  2. #1 none? If you cut it lengthwise, it would be a complete surface without any holes... does that change when it is rolled up? #2 Applesause doesn't need to be taken so seriously to need a yes or no. All of the above works for me. #3 I am not going to start thinking about all the variables that would need clarity before I try to answer this one. #4 I think a listening ear and thoughtful feedback is the kind of parental input that I need more than any seminars or workshops or presentations at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EM, I love that you commented here, and I enjoyed reading your answers. Blessings in your parenting - I hope you will find that listening ear and thoughtful person to give you the feedback that you could use right now. <3

      Delete
  3. 1. One hole
    2. As a dessert for as long as I can convince my kids it qualifies as dessert.
    3. Good to see ya! Take care!
    4. Navigating the situation when adult children make decisions that disappoint you. Raising daughters who value inner beauty over fashion.
    5. Not too difficult, although I often wish I had Facebook because of the more robust discussions I hear about over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I already thanked you for answering, but I will say it again: Thanks! ;-) Good to interact with you here. (I'm grateful that we have opportunity to dialogue in person too, though.) "Raising daughters who value inner beauty over fashion"...such a good point to consider. I'll need to put that in my notes.

      Delete
  4. I love questions like this! They provide me with the opportunity to be much more decisive than I manage to be in any other area of life.

    1. 1
    2. Main course.
    3. It's great to see you again!
    4. What Jennifer said. Plus teaching modesty (especially to daughters) without a side of shame or self-consciousness.
    5. Nope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoo-hoo - I got THE ShariZ to comment on my blog! Re #4 "...without a side of shame or self-consciousness"... I will have to add that to my notes from Jenn's above reply. Thanks. <3

      Delete
  5. I LOVE questions - especially ones that have no definitive answers. ;) there are so many questions that could have more than 1 answer and I love to imagine those answers with people who love engage me or at least humor me. I do NOT have any definitive answers to your questions - I'm sure that helps.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitive answers or no, it's great to have you respond, Vi. I hope you and yours are doing well!

      Delete
  6. This is kinda fun!
    1. None. My first thought anyway! If it has a hole, you have trouble sucking liquid through it! 😉
    2. All of the above. The perfect filler food for whatever you’re lacking yet, side or dessert! It seems to go with most anything!
    3. “Nice seeing you again!” Possibly coupled with a small wave and maybe a quick hug, depending on that person’s personality.
    4. I’m sure I’d find anything helpful or encouraging! Sorry, not very specific here. Maybe something about relating to different personalities.
    5. Not hard. But the default option that pops up for me is “Anonymous” 😏

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon, you answered all five! Thanks! I had fun reading your responses here, although I like it even more when I have a chance to sit down with you and ask questions/discuss things in person. Here's to fine family reunions for opportunities to do this...

    ReplyDelete